Thursday 22 January 2015

Kpop Highlights #5 (Hyuna and Ladies' Code)

Starting from this Highlight, I will be including the links to the recommended videos on YouTube because, I found that the screen that appears is a bit awkwardly small, unless you choose to watch it full screen.

Hyuna - Red


OMG! to be very honest, I have not actually watched the whole of the music video and I don't think I plan on doing so either. The very start of the video showed a monkey's bum and I was completely put off! I'm sorry, I am very judgemental. But, this isn't surprising. After all, she is Hyuna, if you know what I mean. I should have expected this much. However, on the more comfortable note, the chorus of the song is actually very addictive and fun (and rather seductive)! If you search on the lyrics, you will come to find that she says,
'A monkey’s butt is red, what.
Red is Hyuna, Hyuna is yeah.' 
Okay, at first glance, I thought like wtf? Sorry! But then I found out that what she did was actually very clever- she had incorporated a nursery rhyme into the song and that the rhyme actually goes something like 'A monkey's butt is red' and so on. Plus, in the middle of the song, the beat slows down almost dramatically and the music really seems to have an air of something Indian- if you get what I'm trying to say. Yeah that was really interesting...

If you don't want to watch the music video, why not just search for an audio version on YouTube, because I really recommend that you listen to this song to the end before you decide whether you like it or hate it.





Ladies' Code - Crazily Hooked



I think you would recognise Ladies' Code, if you have read my previous post. Once again, I can't express how sorry I am for what happened to them. On a more lighter note, I really wanted to include this song when it appeared in the drama Flower Grandpa Investigative Team, because it is a real feel-good song. I initially thought Girl's Day sang it to be honest. However, now listening to this again and knowing that the two of the members who sang it are no more, it's really heart-breaking...





I think this is it for now. I guess this is the shortest Kpop Highlight I have ever done.






No comments:

Post a Comment